24.09.2014 16:17
Category: Law

Noise and air pollution because of heavy-goods vehicles

I live next to a busy road in Neckarsteinach, a city between Heidelberg and Eberbach. Many trucks use the route to save tolls. Complaints to the city or the politicians hasn’t been recognized. What can I do? Are their any rights for citizens? How can I prove the air pollution?

© Markus Bachmann

Because of the lack of any monitoring station you can ask the competent authorities for calculations under the Directive on public access to environmental information. The authority must evaluate, if there are any exceedances of limit values. If the limit values are not met due to the lack of regulations or measures, citizens may legally enforce the implementation of such measures, e.g. truck ban, speed limit.



No comments
Add comment

* - required field