14.11.2013 15:53
Category: Law

Stronger air pollution despite new road

A new road is been constructed in my city, but the limit values for particulate matter will still be exceeded. What can I do?

© Markus Bachmann

Be sure to look into the planning documents for the construction or the substantial expansion of the road. The planning documents regularly include calculations of future exposure to pollutants in the air. If there are no calculations available you can ask under objections and in the subsequent consultation process.

It is important that there is the chance to have a look in the planning documents and participate in the construction process. Otherwise  you might  lose your right to take legal action. You normally get the information about the delivery of planning documents for the construction or expansion of a road on a notice in your town-hall or in local newspapers. Try to mobilise other concerned citizens and the municipality as soon as possible.


No comments
Add comment

* - required field